Turkish Onion Soup Recipe
This is our Turkish Onion Soup Recipe, one of the easy recipes, onion soup that you can easily make at home. It is a recipe that increases body resistance, increases appetite, has antibacterial properties, is pain reliever, is equipped with many vitamins and minerals, and is led by natural antibiotic dry onion.
We would like to present the onion soup recipe, which is often prepared by the French, as a Turkish recipe suitable for our own taste. We used onion and garlic together and caramelized them on low heat first. We got support from the aroma of fresh and dry spices. We supported its consistency with flour, and kept the homemade broth we prepared with aromatic vegetables and spices warm. When the onions turned brown and the flour was roasted, we added it little by little and continued to cook the soup.
Turkish Onion Soup Recipe
- 291/kcal for 1 serving
- For 1 portion; 11 grams of protein
- 20 grams of carbohydrates 19 grams of fat
*Prepared by expert dietitians.
Ingredients for Turkish Onion Soup Recipe
- 5 medium sized onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 grams of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 6 cups hot broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the above:
- 5 slices of bread (preferably baguette)
- 3/4 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
How to Make Turkish Onion Soup Recipe?
- Chop the onion, which is the main ingredient of the soup, into half moons. Cut the garlic into small cubes.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan. Add half-moon chopped onion, garlic, bay leaf and fresh thyme and start sautéing on low heat.
- Saute the onions, which are starting to get a little color, on low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- When the onions are well softened, increase the heat a little and cook for 5 more minutes to make it easier for them to take on color. Remove the bay leaf and fresh thyme, which leave their aroma, from the pot.
- Add the flour and start frying together with the onions until the smell comes out and they get a light color. Immediately after, add the hot broth and mix well, then let it boil.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes.
- Place a slice of bread on the thick soup you bought in heat-resistant serving bowls. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 200 degree oven until the cheese melts and lightly browns. Serve the soups that you have carefully removed from the oven, without keeping them warm.
The Tip of the Onion Soup Recipe
Start by roasting the onions on low heat so that they caramelize and release the sugar in them. Afterwards, take care to increase the heat and cook for a long time in a controlled manner. For the onions to sweat more; You can continue the cooking process by placing an oily paper cut in the size of a saucepan on the onions that you have started to sauté on low heat. Make sure that the serving bowls in which you will serve the soup are heat resistant.
Cooking Suggestion for Onion Soup Recipe
Instead of old cheddar cheese, you can use any cheese that you want with a fatty structure, and serve soups with the addition of chives or parsley.
Useful Information: How to Store Soup in the Freezer?
If you do not want to spend a long time cooking during the busy weekdays, if you prefer to cook and store it in the freezer when you have time, or if the soup you made was more than you expected and you do not want to waste it, now is the time to learn how to store soup in the freezer. Let’s take you to the following content, which we explain step by step, how to store soup in the refrigerator bag: How to Store Soup in the Freezer?