Flour Soup Recipe / Turkish Soup Recipes
Flour soup recipe, which allows us to pass the winter months without getting sick, softens our throat in the summer, and warms us on cold days, is the time for the famous Turkish soup. One of the biggest competitors of yogurt soup, the flour soup recipe has few and concise ingredients. At the same time, the soup recipe is economical.
Using hot meat or chicken broth while making Turkish Soups increases the nutritional value of the soup. It is essential that the flour, which has a place in the recipe, is roasted on low heat without burning it. Flour Soup gets its consistency and name from this roux mixture made with flour. It is customary to burn mint or ground red pepper on it. There are those who serve it with the addition of vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice. It is possible to serve with small cubes of baked bread.
Flour Soup Tips :
– You should roast the flour in the oil. It is important that it foams, but the color should not change and you should stir constantly.
– Add the water slowly and stir constantly to avoid lumps.
– Broth or broth tablet is important. It is the ingredient that will add flavor to the soup.
– Add pepper flakes if you like hot while burning mint oil on it.
Cooking Suggestions for Flour Soup:
Cook over medium heat.
Service Suggestion for Flour Soup:
Be sure to pour oil on it and serve.
What goes with flour soup?
We like potato and dried tzatziki very well with flour soup.
Can you make flour soup with vermicelli?
Of course, if you wish, when the soup starts to boil, you can add vermicelli and cook it for 7-8 minutes and turn off the heat. You can also make flour soup with rice.
How to make flour soup with onion?
Of course it can be done. Grate the onion finely and roast the onions in oil before adding flour, then add flour and continue roasting. The rest is the same recipe.
In Turkey, a table cannot be set without soup, and there is no meal without soup.
Useful Information: How to Store Soup in the Freezer?
If you do not want to spend a long time cooking during the busy weekdays, if you prefer to cook and store it in the freezer when you have time, or if the soup you made was more than you expected and you do not want to waste it, now is the time to learn how to store soup in the freezer. Let’s take you to the following content, which we explain step by step, how to store soup in the refrigerator bag: How to Store Soup in the Freezer?
For more Turkish soup recipes;
Flour Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Flour Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 heaped tablespoon water
- 5 water glass hot chicken broth
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1/4 tea spoon freshly ground black pepper
For the above:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dessert spoon dry mint
Tip of Flour Soup Recipe
- You can use broth instead of hot chicken broth while making the soup, and you can include boiled meat or chicken pieces. You can prepare spicy croutons on the side of the soup that you can serve by burning ground red pepper. You can add a different flavor to the soup by adding garlic or roasted almonds. If you think the flour is slightly lumpy, you can pass it through the blender after cooking.
How to Make Flour Soup Recipe?
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a deep saucepan. Add flour little by little and start frying on low heat. Make sure that the flour is roasted without burning it and it gets a light color.
- Add the hot chicken broth to the roasted flour little by little and mix it quickly with a hand whisk to avoid lumps.
- Season the soup that starts to boil with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add any seasonings you desire at this stage.
- Melt the butter you bought in a small sauce pan or skillet over low heat. Add dried mint and mix until fragrant.
- Pour the mint butter you have prepared on the hot soup you take in the serving bowls and share it with your loved ones without waiting
Serving Suggestion of Flour Soup Recipe
- You can also serve the soup with the addition of grape vinegar to which you add finely grated garlic.
- 12 grams of carbohydrates
- 5 gram protein
- 11 grams of fat