Turkish style Baked Lamb Kebab Recipe
Turkish style Baked Lamb Kebab Recipe; Lamb kebab in the oven made with lamb meat, Turkish style lamb kebab has almost no chance of not being good. Especially if it is a lamb kebab cooked in a tandoor, then its flavor and smell will be amazing.
However, since we will not find tandoori in our kitchen at home, you can make a wonderful lamb tandoori kebab with the same flavor, of course, baked in the oven, dispersing in the mouth like Turkish delight.
Moreover, all you need to prepare this recipe, which is much easier than you think, is leg of lamb from a butcher you trust. The oven will take care of the rest, and you will enjoy this baked beauty like Turkish delight. Cheers in advance.
Baked Lamb Kebab Recipe
Ingredients for Turkish style Baked Lamb Kebab Recipe
- 1 lamb sleeve with bone (approximately 2 kg)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
How to Make Turkish Style Lamb Kebab in the Oven?
- First, burn the hairs on the ends of the lamb’s arm, if any.
- Thin some of the fat on the upper arm and sides of the lamb as desired.
- Make shallow scratches on the fat upper part of the lamb arm with a knife.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, crushed garlic and spices.
- Pour the mixture over the lamb arm and massage with your hands to thoroughly penetrate the sauce into the meat.
- To wrap the lamb arm, first wet the greaseproof paper in 3 layers long pieces under water and wring it out.
- Spread the papers on the counter to form a large area on top of each other and put the lamb arm in the middle and wrap it tightly.
- Lay aluminum foils of the same width on the counter and cover the lamb arm you just wrapped with foil. Place the foil with the joint point up and lay another layer of foil on the joint point.
- After wrapping the lamb arm tightly, place it on the oven wire with the fat part on the bottom and the joint on the top.
- Put a small tray or bowl on the bottom of the oven heated to 220 degrees and fill it with hot water. If the water runs out during cooking, you can add it.
- Place the lamb arm in the oven. After 2.5 hours at 220 degrees, lower the oven to 120 degrees and bake for 1 more hour.
- Take the cooked lamb arm carefully from the oven and open it from the top and separate it from the bones with the help of tongs.
- If you want to eat the lamb meat more fried, place the meat pieces in the oven dish, pour the remaining water on it and fry it in the high temperature oven for 5 minutes.
- You can serve your cooked tandoori with rice, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or pita. Enjoy your meal.