Turkish lamb kebab recipe/ Homemade Lamb Tandoori Kebab
There is almost no chance that Turkish lamb kebab recipe and a dish made with lamb will not be good. Especially, if lamb kebab is a dish made in a tandoori.This recipe is for classic Turkish lamb kebabs, I would like to share with you a kebab recipe, that you can easily prepare at home. This recipe is so easy to make and tastes so good
However, if you are wondering where to find the tandoor in our kitchen, here is the solution. Of course, you can make a wonderful tandoori dish from lamb that is oven-baked, cooked to perfection, and melts in your mouth like Turkish delight.
Moreover, preparing a lamb kebab recipe in the oven is much easier than you think. All you need to prepare an oven-baked kebab recipe is leg of lamb from a butcher you trust. The oven will do the rest and you will enjoy this baked beauty like Turkish delight. good luck in advance.
5 Tips for Making Turkish Kebab at Home
1. Use Lamb
Lamb is almost the most guaranteed option for making kebabs. Good lamb is already fatty, so you don’t need to use additional tail fat. to cook it. It also cooks much more easily and is softer. And this is largely sufficient for a flawless kebab experience at home.
2. Determine the type of skewer
One of the most important points in kebab making is which skewer to use. material. The material of the skewer directly affects the cooking of the meat. Some skewers cause the meat to overcook and dry out, resulting in an unpalatable result.
Aluminum and steel skewers are one of them. If it is not dry but soft using iron skewers is a good choice if you want to consume a kebab, but You should also make sure that the iron skewer is not rusted.
3. Use a Reasonable Amount of Oil
We know that the use of oil is very important for the kebab to be delicious but if you overdo the amount of fat, you can cause the meat to slip off the skewer. This is In addition to the amount of fat, the type of fat is also important. In kebab making The ideal fat is tail fat.
Choices such as liquid oil can again cause the meat to slip off the skewer and may cause it to fall apart. A reasonable amount of tail fat is one of the most is one of the important details.
4. Use Carbonated Water
Sitting in a kebab restaurant, carefully watching the kebab masters as you wait for your order. if you’re one of the viewers, you must have witnessed it. Skewering minced meat Many masters wet their hands with water first and then skewer the minced meat.
The hero in that water is baking soda. A small amount of Soaking it with carbonated water and stringing it on the skewer prevents the minced meat from slipping off the skewer. All you have to do is to enjoy the perfect kebab you made at home.
5. Always Rest
You have gathered all the ingredients for making kebabs, put them together in a beautiful You have kneaded the minced meat, but it is not finished… Now, you have kneaded the minced meat keep it in the refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours for it to get delicious. time.
This will allow the excess water to drain out of the mixture. It releases its flavor well and holds the bottle well. In this way, both in full flavor and a perfectly cooked kebab awaits you.
Turkish lamb kebab
Ingredients for Lamb Tandoori Recipe
- 1 piece boned lamb sleeve (about 2kg)
- 2 tooth garlic
- ½ tea cup olive oil
- 3 tea spoon salt
- 2 tea spoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tea spoon thyme
How to Make Lamb Tandoori Recipe?
- First, burn the hairs on the ends of the lamb's arm, if any.
- Thin some of the fat to your liking on the upper arm and sides of the lamb.
- Make shallow scratches on the fat upper part of the lamb arm with a knife.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, crushed garlic and spices.
- Pour the mixture over the lamb arm and massage with your hands to thoroughly penetrate the sauce into the meat.
- To wrap the lamb arm, first wet the greaseproof paper in 3 layers long pieces under water and wring it out.
- Spread the papers on the counter to form a large area on top of each other and put the lamb arm in the middle and wrap it tightly.
- Lay aluminum foils of the same width on the counter and cover the lamb arm you just wrapped with foil. Place the foil with the joint point facing up and lay another layer of foil on the joint point.After wrapping the lamb arm tightly, place it on the oven wire with the fat part on the bottom and the joint on the top.
- Put a small tray or bowl on the bottom of the oven heated to 220 degrees and fill it with hot water. If the water runs out during cooking, you can add it.
- Place the lamb arm in the oven. After 2.5 hours at 220 degrees, lower the oven to 120 degrees and bake for 1 more hour.
- Take the cooked lamb arm carefully from the oven and open it from the top and separate it from the bones with the help of tongs.
- If you want to eat the lamb meat more fried, place the meat pieces in the oven dish, pour the remaining water on it and fry it in the high temperature oven for 5 minutes.
- You can serve your cooked tandoori with rice, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or pita. Enjoy your meal.