Turkish Ramadan Pide Recipe
You will love Ramadan pita, the indispensable bread of the tables during Ramadan, iftar and sahur, you should definitely try the easy-to-make Turkish Ramadan Pide recipe.
How to Make the Best Ramadan Pita?
If you want to make Ramadan pitas at home, with your own hands, there are a few tricks you need to know. Thanks to these tricks, you can prepare crunchy, fragrant, soft-textured Ramadan pitas. If you are ready, let’s get you to our detailed content: Tips for Ramadan Pita
How to Knead Ramadan Pita Dough?
You can prepare a delicious Ramadan pita dough by combining flour, water, fresh yeast and salt ingredients. The most important trick is to add the salt after adding the yeast so that we do not prevent the yeast from being active. At the stage where we mix all the ingredients, it is necessary to mix well for 10 minutes. Then it is very important to take the dough to the counter and knead it by hitting it on the counter.
At this stage, the dough will stick to our fingers all the time due to its runny consistency, this is very normal. No extra flour should be added. Every time we do the kneading motion, gluten is released. Doing this process allows the dough to gain consistency and flexibility. There are many more tricks about yeast dough, we shared all the details in our A to Z Guide to Making Yeast Dough.
How to Make Ramadan Pita with Dry Yeast?
You can make Ramadan pita with dry yeast and fresh yeast. Only the yeast types you will use and the amount you add to the recipe will change. For example, you can apply the recipe exactly by adding half the amount of dry yeast we use in our Ramadan pita recipe. Since the amount you will use at this stage will be in grams, measuring it with a precision kitchen scale will allow you to get more accurate results. If you do not have a kitchen scale, you can measure 1 teaspoon of dry yeast equal to about 2 grams.
What is Spread on Ramadan Pita?
A mixture of products such as milk, yoghurt, water, egg yolk, butter and olive oil is applied in different proportions in order to brown the pastry in the oven. In some recipes, butter, water and egg yolk and a sauce for spreading on Ramadan pita are prepared, while in some recipes a mixture with egg yolk, yoghurt, water and olive oil is used. The most important factor in these recipes giving different results is whether yogurt is used or not. In mixtures using yoghurt, the top of the ramadan pita turns red like a golden color and looks more fried.
Is There Yeast in Ramadan Pita?
The use of yeast is very important in the production of Ramadan pita, which is one of the indispensable pita types in Ramadan. Unleavened ramadan pita cannot be made. To get the most accurate results, you can make Ramadan pita with fresh yeast, dry yeast or sourdough varieties you grow at home. The Ramadan pita you make with yeast dough will turn into a soft and delicious pita.
What is put under the Ramadan Pita?
When baking Ramadan pita in the oven, greaseproof paper must be used to grease the tray or to prevent the dough from sticking. In addition, the most important trick is to sprinkle oat bran or breadcrumbs under the Ramadan pita. Thus, the ramadan pita will be like what you buy in the ovens outside. It is to use oat bran or breadcrumbs that make the base have a crispy texture.
Is There Milk in Ramadan Pita?
Ramadan pita can be made in two different ways as oven pita and patisserie pita. No milk is used in the oven pita, known as real Ramadan pita. It is made by preparing dough with flour, water, yeast and salt. In patisserie-style Ramadan pide, milk, sugar, and in some recipes oil or butter are used, and a softer, muffin-style Ramadan pita is made instead of a crispy pita.
How to Make Yeast Dough?
The basis of making perfect pastries is the deliciously puffed dough. There are some things you need to pay attention to in order to make these doughs at home. Let’s learn together the tricks of making dough with its full flavor and fluffy images. After learning these, the most delicious Ramadan pitas will come out of your kitchen.
Click for Delicious Easy Turkish Bread Recipes
Turkish Ramadan Pide Recipe
Ingredients for Ramadan Pita Recipe
- 3,5 water glass Fame
- 1,5 water glass water
- 6 gr. Fresh yeast
- 1 wipe teaspoon salt
To dissolve the salt:
- 1/3 water glass water
For the bottom and top:
- 1 water glass oat bran
For the above:
- 1 piece egg yolk
- 1/2 water glass yogurt (in a watery consistency)
- 1/2 tea cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame
- 1 tablespoon black cumin
How is Ramadan Pide Made?
- Take 1.5 cups of room temperature water in a deep bowl and add the yeast into it and mix it with a silicone spatula until the yeast dissolves.
- Take the flour in another bowl and make a hole in the middle. Add the yeast water to the middle of the flour and mix it with the spatula.
- Add salt to the water that is one finger missing from half a glass of water, mix it and add it and mix it again.
- Mix for 10 minutes and take the dough to the counter and knead by knocking it on the counter. Do not add extra flour, which will be a very sticky dough.
- When the dough starts to stick to your hands less, sprinkle some flour around it and cut the dough in half to make two dough balls.
- Put these balls on top of each other and press them, divide them into two again and make two balls again. In this way, divide them in half 3 times and take them on top of each other, and finally leave the 2 dough balls to ferment for 2 hours, covered, in a warm place.
- Whisk all the necessary sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle oat bran on a board and at the end of the fermentation time, take one of the dough balls on top of it and roll it into a pita with your wet hands.
- Make square shapes on the edge and on the dough with your finger, which you have opened in the size of a serving plate. Brush the egg yolk, oil, yogurt, water mixture on top with a brush and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Take your pita by sliding it on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake in a preheated 230 degree oven for 5 minutes and then reduce the oven setting to 200 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot. Good luck!
How to Make Soft Ramadan Pita?
- If you want to prepare a softer Ramadan pita, you can prepare the yeast mixture with warm milk and add a tablespoon of sunflower oil to the dough.
Leave a reply