Turkish Lentil Soup
With the Turkish style lentil soup recipe, you will make a soup that tastes like a restaurant. It is not always possible for most of us to go to a restaurant for soup. That’s why we share the Turkish style lentil soup recipe below for you to easily prepare at home whenever you feel like it.
Turkish Lentil Soup
Ingredients for Turkish style lentil soup
- 1 cup yellow lentis
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3-4 cups of hot water
- 1 piece medium onion
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1,5 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 piece juice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
For the above
- 2 spoonful butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Making Restaurant Style Lentil Soup
- Wash the lentils thoroughly.
- . Crush the garlic and cut the onion into cubes.
- Put the saucepan on the stove and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in it.
- Throw the garlic and onion into the pot and fry lightly.
- Add the flour and fry with flour for 2 minutes.
- After the flour is roasted, slowly add the chicken broth to the pot, but while adding the chicken broth, whisk the flour continuously with a whisk so that the flour does not clump together.
- 7. Add the lentils and 3 – 4 glasses of hot water to the pot.
- 8. When it starts to boil well, add salt and cumin.
- Continue cooking the soup until the lentils are tender.
- When the lentils are cooked, strain the soup through the blender and then through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the soup.
- Roast the red pepper in 2 tablespoons of melted butter and pour it over the soup.Bon Appetit.
Useful Information: How to Store Soup in the Freezer?
If you do not want to spend a long time cooking during the busy weekdays, if you prefer to cook and store it in the freezer when you have time, or if the soup you made was more than you expected and you do not want to waste it, now is the time to learn how to store soup in the freezer. Let’s take you to the following content, which we explain step by step, how to store soup in the refrigerator bag: How to Store Soup in the Freezer?Leave a reply