Turkish Lentil Soup
With the Turkish lentil soup recipe, you will make a soup that tastes like a restaurant. It is not always possible for most of us to go to a restaurant for soup. That’s why we share the Turkish style lentil soup recipe below for you to easily prepare at home whenever you feel like it.
What are the tricks of lentil soup?
- I recommend washing the lentils well with plenty of water. Wash until clean water comes out.
- Adding chicken broth, broth or bone broth to your soup will increase its flavor even more. You can add up to 1-2 cups of water.
- I suggest you adjust the consistency of your soup according to your own taste. It can probably be a little thick with this recipe, add hot water and adjust the consistency as you want. Remember, your soup will thicken as it waits.
- If you like spicy, you can increase the amount of chili pepper.
- You can also choose potatoes instead of flour. You can also add the potatoes to the soup along with the carrots.
Curious about lentil soup:
Does lentil soup cause gas; Due to the high amount of fiber in lentil soup, it produces gas. Soaking the lentils in cold water 1 night before will help reduce the gas rate of the lentils.
Does lentil soup raise sugar; Thanks to the fibers it contains, lentil soup balances blood sugar and does not increase sugar.
When to give lentil soup to babies; It is generally known that you can give lentil soup to your baby after 6 months. However, lentil soup can cause gas problems in your baby. Therefore, it may be more appropriate to give it after 8 months. You should not add spices or salt to the soups you make for your babies.
How long does it take to cook lentil soup; It will take you about 10 minutes to put the lentil soup on the stove. It will then take about 30 minutes to cook.
Useful Information: How to Store Soup in the Freezer?
If you do not want to spend a long time cooking during the busy weekdays, if you prefer to cook and store it in the freezer when you have time, or if the soup you made was more than you expected and you do not want to waste it, now is the time to learn how to store soup in the freezer. Let’s take you to the following content, which we explain step by step, how to store soup in the refrigerator bag: How to Store Soup in the Freezer?
Turkish Lentil Soup
Ingredients for Turkish style lentil soup
- 1 cup yellow lentis
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3-4 cups of hot water
- 1 piece medium onion
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1,5 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 piece juice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
For the above
- 2 spoonful butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Making Restaurant Style Lentil Soup
- Wash the lentils thoroughly.
- . Crush the garlic and cut the onion into cubes.
- Put the saucepan on the stove and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in it.
- Throw the garlic and onion into the pot and fry lightly.
- Add the flour and fry with flour for 2 minutes.
- After the flour is roasted, slowly add the chicken broth to the pot, but while adding the chicken broth, whisk the flour continuously with a whisk so that the flour does not clump together.
- 7. Add the lentils and 3 – 4 glasses of hot water to the pot.
- 8. When it starts to boil well, add salt and cumin.
- Continue cooking the soup until the lentils are tender.
- When the lentils are cooked, strain the soup through the blender and then through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the soup.
- Roast the red pepper in 2 tablespoons of melted butter and pour it over the soup.Bon Appetit.
Leave a reply