Turkish style Kunafa Recipe : How to Make the Best Turkish Dessert at Home
The unique taste that comes to our kitchen from Hatay… You will prepare a delicious dessert with the Hatay künefe recipe at home. Moreover, it is much more practical than you think!
If you’ve ever visited Turkey, you’ve likely tried kunafa, a beloved dessert made with shredded phyllo dough(Kadayif) and sweet cheese filling. This dessert is incredibly delicious and easy to make at home with just a few ingredients.
To start, you’ll need to gather your ingredients, including shredded phyllo dough (also known as kadayif), sweet cheese (such as akkawi or ricotta), butter, sugar, water, and lemon juice. You can find these ingredients at a Middle Eastern or Turkish grocery store.
Let the kunafa cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. You can garnish it with chopped pistachios or other nuts, or serve it with a dollop of whipped cream.
In conclusion, kunafa is a delicious and easy-to-make Turkish dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. With just a few ingredients and some simple steps, you can make this beloved dessert at home and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills.
Turkish style kunafa recipe, It tastes inedible! Roll up your sleeves and head to the kitchen. You must try our Illustrated Kunafa Recipe. Cheers in advance.
Turkish style Kunafa Recipe
For 1 portion;
- 968/kcal of Calorie
- 11 grams of protein
- 117 grams of carbohydrates
- 51 grams of fat
*Prepared by expert dietitians.
Ingredients for Hatay Kunefe Recipe at Home
- 300 grams of wire kadayif
- 150 grams of butter (10.5 tablespoons)
- 200 grams of unsalted cheese (or string cheese)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
The Tip of Kunefe Recipe
If you keep the kadayıf in the freezer before preparing the künefe, it will break easily and the wire will separate. After the sugar dissolves in the water, it should be boiled for a long time on low heat to reach the consistency of sherbet. To understand whether there is syrup; When you pour the mixture you have taken on the spoon, it should not drip, it should be filtered from the spoon like a rope.
Squeeze the juice of fresh and unsalted künefe cheese so that it does not dilute the künefe. Then use it in making künefe. Be careful to cook the künefe on low heat without burning it by rotating it on the stove. The syrup should be cooled and rested at room temperature, and the künefe taken from the stove should be warm.
Take care to cover the cheeses with kadayifs so as not to leave any gaps. Otherwise, burns will occur on the künefe.
How to Make Turkish style Kunafa Recipe?
- To prepare the cooled syrup that you will pour over the hot künefe; Take granulated sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring the syrup mixture you have taken to the stove to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice to the sherbet, which boils for about 20-25 minutes and thickens, and after mixing, remove from the stove. Keep it aside to cool.
- Take the tel kadayif in a large bowl. Open wire by hand and cut into small pieces. After adding the melted butter, continue to open the kadaif strings and feed the butter to the kadaifs.
- Grease the small round trays or the pan you will be cooking with butter. Press and lay half of the buttered kadayif mixture on the bottom of the baking tray.
- After draining the water, sprinkle grated unsalted Antakya cheese on the kadaifs so that there are no spaces.
- Press down and cover the cheeses with the remaining buttered kadayif mixture.
- Put the künefe trays on the stove. Cook the künefe on low heat by moving the tray over the stove. Turn the künefe, whose base part is colored, upside down with the help of a large plate and take it back to the stove. Cook in the same way so that the other side is browned.
- After you pour the warm syrup on the künefe that you are about to take from the stove, take it from the stove.
- After slicing, share the künefe with your loved ones, either hot or warm, as desired. You can serve it with the addition of ice cream, if desired.
Cooking Suggestion for Kunefe Recipe
The tray on which you will cook the künefe should be copper if possible to distribute the heat evenly. If desired, prepare the künefe on a medium-sized tray and bake it in the oven at once.