Quick Shakshuka Recipe / Turkish Recipes
Quick Shakshuka Recipe is an appetizer unique to Turkish cuisine, prepared by pouring tomato sauce on vegetables such as eggplant, pepper, and zucchini after they are roasted. It is usually served with yogurt or garlic yogurt.
You will like our Turkish appetizer recipe, which you can easily and practically prepare at home and enhance its taste with differences.
Turkish appetizers, with their easy preparation and taste, have taken their places as snacks or on the drinking tables, there are different cold and hot Turkish appetizers, we will include all of them on our site.
Quick Shakshuka Recipe
Ingredients for the Quick Shakshuka Recipe
- 3 medium eggplants
- 3 green peppers (Chopped into rounds)
- 3 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
How to Make Shakshuka ?
- First of all, let’s peel the eggplants and cut them into cubes and leave them for 15 minutes in salted water to remove the bitterness.
- Let’s drain the water and fry the aubergines that we dried in hot oil.
- For the sauce, put a little oil in a small saucepan and fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the green peppers and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry it.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Finally, add the water and salt, and cook until the sauce absorbs its water.
- Let’s take the fried eggplants on a serving plate and pour the sauce over them and mix them.
- Let’s serve it hot or cold. Enjoy your meal.